Emergency Medical Services
Texas A&M University Emergency Medical Services is a campus-based EMS agency that responds to medical and traumatic emergencies on the Texas A&M campus and surrounding community. Texas A&M EMS offers its services to all of Aggieland’s students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Contacting Emergency Services (Fire, Police, and EMS)
Call 911 in an emergency, regardless of whether you are using a landline or cell phone. In Brazos County, you may also text 911 if it is not safe to make a voice call. Call if you can. Text if you can’t.
Things to remember when calling 911
1. Know where you are. The most important information you can give us is the patient’s location.
2. Stay on the line. The dispatcher will ask you for information to make sure the right resources respond.
3. Answer the questions as they are asked. Questions are designed to get the most important information first.
4. If you can, stay next to the patient. Being next to the patient allows you to provide more information to the ambulance.
5. Stay calm. Dispatchers are there to help you through this. Together, we will be able to get the patient the help they need.